Monday, August 31, 2009

New Addition to the TODAY Show


While I usally blog about fashion and celebrities, I do pay attention to what is going on in the media as it is part of my real job, afterall.

Yesterday it was announced that former first daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, will be a monthly correspondent for the TODAY Show, covering education issues.

I think the TODAY Show's selection is great as Jenna will be really be able to speak to issues surrounding education as she is currently a school teacher in Baltimore and has authored two books.

I think that her level of celebrity will allow her to bring to light important issues surroundng education, urban education, women and children's issues and literacy. I think she is a good pick in that people will be interetsed in what she has to say--whether they like her or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment